24.8.2012

Why the hell not? + nail care

And thus another week has passed and it feels like it's been ages since I last updated anything on here. Well, now I'm back and for once I've even planned something reasonable to tell you about; my nail care. Sure this subject may now appeal to everyone, but hey, bare with me! : ) Back to that later though, for now I'll just briefly go through what's been going on and all the OOTD's and stuff like that. : D

So, I'm sure it won't surprise any of you to hear that it has yet again been a boring and a long week of school. To top the boring factor I have a very nice flu going on and it's just handkerchiefs and cold medicine up in this house, yo.
Thanks to this lovely flu I stayed home yesterday and tried to rest, but with no real effect. I still feel like absolute crap. Let's hope this flu will die out very, very soon because tomorrow Keela is going to come over. We have plans to go take pictures at this amazing place, about 5-7km from here.

Last week I already told you that I was going to go/ went out with Kata and Merituulia on Saturday. I decided to pull off a unique, I suppose I can call it unique around here, look. I went for my new black dress that I showed to you guys so post ago and my black hair-extensions, new necklace and bright red lipstick.
We had fun and we event bumped into Keela after a nice trip to a restaurant. That Saturday was a very nice and needed change to the norm.



The summers in Finland are just complete bullshit and the weather just likes to screw up any plans you ever had. This also applies to the beginning of Autumn. In the morning it's really cold outside, but by noon you'll get fried if you're still wearing the same clothes as you were in the morning. Because colds tend to make you feel cold almost all the time, it's really hard to dress warmly enough but also so that you can remove excess clothing when it starts to get really warm.
My OOTD 
went shopping for some new jeans today after school with Keela <3

Now then... To the nail-mobile!!!!! 

So I've come to the conclusion that my nails might be referred as long or semi-long nails, at least for natural ones, that is. I do try to take care of my nails so that they would be strong and "long". I think it's safe to say that I at least have strong nails now, saying they are long I think is more of  matter of an opinion. To me these claws are not yet all that long, but a bunch of people have asked me if I'm wearing fake nails because they look lengthy and sturdy. 
So here is how I keep them this way/got them this way. I take a "vitamin" (I don't know what the actual term should be, it is vitamin B though) product called "Biotiini" once a day. Even the description says it's purpose it to strengthen your nails and hair. This has really helped me a lot. Now that I look back at time a little bit I notice that my nails have grown so much faster now than they usually have and now my nails need some serious karate moves to snap. 
My nails at the moment

Other tips
I don't cut my nails with scissors unless they are really super, super, super long (which they really never are). I file my nails when I want them shorter (almost never) or to shape them better. Also when my nails snap (unfortunately does sometimes happen) I file them back to the shape I want them to grow in.  
I always use base/-and top coat when I put on any nailpolish (so at least 3 layers of nailpolish always on). Using base and top coat is important because it does protect your nail _and_ nailpolish from damage, making the nailpolish and your gorgeous nailart last longer. 
When I remove my nailpolish and if I intend to let my nails "rest" for a bit I apply cuticle oil on to them which smooths out my nails and cuticles and makes them healthier looking. 

For initial tips that was it, but please do ask if there is something more you'd like to know about my nailcare ways. : ) I'm not a master of this art, since this is not something I've ever trained to do like at school or anything and also I really do things the way I feel comfortable doing. I'd also like some tips from you if you'd like to share them!!!

Moving on to the nail goodies

My nailpolish/nailart collection is growing at a fast pace (I have around 50 nailpolishes I use frequently). Today I bought three new polished they cost me less than 10€ (the only reason I bought them) and yesterday arrived my nailart wheels. All 20 of them!! I can't wait to start doing my nails and create some crazy combinations with these!! 


I think that's about it for now. : ) The rest of my nailart supplies should arrive soon to me in the mail and I'll be sure to report about them to you later! 

To finish up this post let's all give warm round of applause for G-Dragon and his new music video "One of a kind" which is just.... _awesome_! : D Very, very cool! And ah yellow hair! That's just so cool!! (It does for a reason or another make me think of Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist though... = even more awesome!!)


SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!! BYE <3

2 kommenttia: